Literacy and Numeracy
As required by the RMS, to successfully complete training you must be able to demonstrate level 3 literacy and numeracy skills through completion of the Level 3 Reading Writing Task.
PVET Institute collects and stores clients’ personal details for training purposes only. We utilise this information to record your progress. We are obliged to submit your personal and progress details for NVCER research, statistical analysis, program evaluation, post completion survey and internal management purposes. We DO NOT share, rent, or sell personal information you provide us. The confidentiality of the information we collect from you is protected under the NSW Privacy ACT. If we are required to disclose information about any of our clients to a third party we will acquire written consent from the client first.
Legislative and Regulatory Requirements
When undertaking work experience, the student acknowledges that they must observe the employers Work Health & Safety (WHS) Policies and all workplace practices, as instructed by the employer, including Equal Rights, Equal Opportunity and the Anti-Discrimination Acts.
The student acknowledges that they must observe PVET Institute’s policies and procedures, according to State and Federal Government legislative and regulatory requirements, as set out in the Student Handbook.
Enrolment & Selection
- The student is responsible for notifying the RTO if they have a medical condition or disability or require assistance in attending a training session.
- A deposit must accompany enrolment to secure a placement.
- It is the student’s responsibility to note the date, time and location of training, as agreed to by the trainer and trainee.
- PVET Institute reserves the right to decline admission to a course (if a student does not comply with the RMS requirements).
- Students are covered by public liability insurance whilst working within the training environment.
PVET Institute will guarantee to complete all training and/ or assessment once the student has commenced study in their chosen qualification or course of study, unless the student submits a formal Letter of Withdrawal notifying the RTO that they wish to withdraw. If a student voluntarily drops out, this guarantee is valid for a maximum of six months from initial course commencement date. This time frame may be extended under certain circumstances at the discretion of the Director.
Course Fees, Payments and Refunds
- Please refer to the course flyers for information on all fees, including course fees; administration fees; materials fees and any other charges.
- A non-refundable deposit must be paid, prior to course commencement, to confirm a place into a course.
- Certificates and Statements of Attainment are issued to students who are assessed as competent in the units completed. The cost of the certificates is included in the course fees.
- Deposits are non-refundable (deposits are outlined on each course flyer).
- Please refer to PVET Institute’s refund policy located in the Information Manual.
Course Fees paid in Advance
PVET Institute requires a deposit, which will not exceed $1000 per individual student, prior to course commencement. Refer to the course flyers for deposits and course fees. Following course commencement, full fees will be required to be paid through instalments (refer to Methods of Payment document located in Information Manual)
Complaints and grievances
PVET Institute recognises that differences and grievances can arise from time to time. The quick settlement of these matters is in the best interest of all parties concerned and the following steps are implemented to ensure this happens.
- Inform the RTO if you are dissatisfied or have any concerns about our products, services, processes or policies.
- Inform the RTO if you think you have been treated unfairly or unjustly. the RTO will discuss the matter with you and try to resolve the problem
- If you are not satisfied with the resolution we will refer the matter to an independent mediator.
For any complaints and grievances, please fill out our Complaints and Appeals Form. Please email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to reply within 24 hours.
Work Health & Safety
PVET Institute is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for the benefit of all clients, visitors and employees. The RTO monitors and maintains the appropriate Work Health and Safety levels and obligations under the Federal and State rules and regulations of the NSW Work Health and Safety Act 2011. In consideration of all the RTO clients and students it is important that adherence to all legislative acts and regulations are observed while undertaking training. If students have any concerns or notice a condition or practice that seems unsafe, it is important it is brought to the attention of the RTO management.
Access and Equity
PVET Institute is committed to access and equity principles and processes in the delivery of its services and working environment in accordance with the Equal Opportunity Act 1994, Racial Discrimination Act 1975, NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977, Sex Discrimination Act 1984 and Disability Discrimination Act 1992. In the event of a situation that is considered by clients to be in violation of PVET Institute Access & Equity Policy, students and clients are required to report the situation to management.
Harassment, victimisation and bullying
PVET Institute does not tolerate any harassment, victimisation, bullying or any such conduct that has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or an offensive learning environment. This includes harassment, victimisation, bullying because of sex, race, national origin, religion, disability, sexual preference or age. Harassment is unlawful under Commonwealth and State legislation and all harassment, bullying and victimisation are contrary to the duty of care to provide a safe environment for work and learning. In the event of a situation that is considered by clients to be in violation of the RTO harassment, victimisation and bullying policy, report the situation to management.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Recognition of Current Competency (RCC)
PVET Institute recognises the Australian Qualifications Framework and Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications and VET statements of attainment issued by any other Registered Training Organisation. RPL/RCC is available for all subjects and units of competency on the RTO scope of registration.